- 19 shortbread cookiescrushed (about 1 1/2 cups) (OR can also use gluten free or any Vanilla Creme Sandwich Cookies)
- 4-5 tablespoons buttermelted
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups Vanilla Frozen Yogurthomemade or store-bought)(Vanilla ice cream would work as well if you prefer)
- 2 1/2 cups Blueberry Frozen Yogurt or Sorbet
- 6-8 Shortbread cookiescrushed
- 1 tbsp. unsalted buttersoftened
- 3 tbsp. freeze-dried blueberries
They were seriously the best! I could never resist that bright strawberry center surrounded by vanilla ice cream and a strawberry crumb coating.Enjoyy!!
Line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment or wax paper leaving an overhang for easier removal of the bars. Set aside.
Make the cookie crust
In a food processor, add the cookies and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of lined baking dish. Place in freezer for about 20 minutes to set.
Make the crumbled topping
In a small bowl, zip-top bag or food processor, add cookies and crush into large crumbs. Mix with softened butter and press together into pea-sized pieces. Combine with freeze-dried blueberry powder (or blueberry jello powders). Set aside.
Assemble - Remove vanilla frozen yogurt and blueberry frozen yogurt from freezer to soften (takes about 15-20 minutes). When ready, scoop around 2 cups of vanilla frozen yogurt over the cookie crust and spread evenly using an offset spatula.
Place pan in freezer to harden slightly (about 10 - 20 minutes).
Sprinkle the blueberry cookie crumbs evenly over the bars. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.