FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1/4c. lime juice
- 1/3c. low-sodium soy sauce
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlicminced
- 1 piece fresh gingerpeeled and minced
- 4 green onionsthinly sliced
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4tsp. ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 1/2 lb. bone-in chicken drumsticks and thighs
- lime slicesfor serving
- green onionssliced, for garnishing
This Chicken is full of flavours and is very delicious..The jerk seasoning can be made a day in advance. The chicken needs to marinate for at least four hours and can sit as long as overnight. Enjoy!
Make marinade: In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until combined.
Add chicken and toss to coat. Transfer to the refrigerator and marinate at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.